No matter how well you’re doing financially, it’s always reassuring to find ways to make and save money. Extra money sounds pretty appealing to pretty much everyone, but sometimes it can be tough finding something that will actually work. It may take some time to find something that works for you; some things may be totally convenient whereas others may not seem like options for you depending on your lifestyle, and that’s completely normal! I encourage you to take some time to try out a couple of things. After all, what’s the worst that could happen?
- One good way to bring in some extra dollars is to try and earn some money off of your hobbies. It’s a rewarding feeling to see others appreciate the things that you take your time to create. If you like to knit or crochet, try selling some things online. If you’re into drawing, try selling some of your artwork. If you’re good at makeup, offer to do someone’s makeup for prom. Create a business and market it. Don’t doubt yourself! Put yourself out there; you may get a better outcome than you initially expected.
- If you have children, you know how quickly they grow. Try selling their old clothes and/or toys. Of course there may be a couple outfits you can’t seem to part with, but the vast majority of their old clothes are most likely taking up valuable space. Find somewhere to sell them, such as Facebook Marketplace or eBay. The cash it puts in your pocket will make it worth the little effort it takes to sell them!
- Use a cash-back rewards site such as Ebates. It’s free to sign up, and you get cash back on purchases at stores such as Target. There are over 1,000 stores on the list, including Carter’s, Macy’s and Walmart.
- Meal planning. Instead of spending hundreds of dollars at the grocery store each week, plan what you’ll be making so you know what you will need. Half of the things you walk out of the grocery store with were most likely not on your shopping list. Try saving money and avoiding the temptation to shop!
- Try selling food or crafts at a farmer’s market. Now that the weather’s nice, it would be a good idea to plant a garden! Plating a garden would not only save you money on fruits and vegetables, but you could also sell them for some extra money.
These suggestions will not get you rich by any means, but I hope it gave you some ideas or inspiration to earn and save some money.
Stay tuned for an update on Audrey in the near future!